Sunday, December 16, 2012

Happy Birthday, Ellen!

Today is my sister's birthday. I won't tell you how old she is because that's not important. She is my older sister, the one I hung on to growing up, the one I wanted attention from, the one I bothered the most. I guess form her I learned how to be an older sister for my younger sister, only I didn't complain as much when my younger sister wanted to hang around me! Just kidding.
I always have good intentions, I wonder what I can buy her or make for her that will let her know how much I love her and appreciate everything she's done for me throughout my life. When it comes down to it, there is nothing in any store that I can buy to show her those feelings. So, I am sending her these wishes and hope, after reading, that she believes in her heart what a great sister she truly is.


After cake, there's presents:

I wish for you:

laughter until tears run down your cheeks
lovely memories
a big hug
a heart full of love
tea and cookies at your favorite bakery
lunch outside in Santa Barbara
meeting a favorite friend unexpectedly
a teddy bear
a brand new magazine before anyone else reads it
a tea party, complete with goody bags

Happy Birthday, El. I hope it's one of your best.
With love,
Mare

No comments:

Post a Comment