Monday, December 3, 2012

Birds and Owls

Thinking here about what kind of craft goes well with a birdhouse? Of course, a bird. Now to make 200  of these lovely birds I just volunteered myself for. Why do I do it? Well, I am a co-captain in the Home Depot's Kids Workshop once a month and my partner and I like to do something extra for the kids each month. January workshop kit is the birdhouse, and aside from giving out cutely (?) wrapped cups of seed, I would like a small birdie to go along with it. Something like this:

I like it rustic, it's for boys and girls alike, and all age groups. (Thank you Me Making Do for this pattern).
I need to get my sewing fingers going for this to be ready by January 5!
In the meantime, I will count off the days on this new, FREE, printable and customizable Owl calendar that you can get here:My Owl Barn. Here is just a sampling of some of the beautiful artwork you can choose from to customize your calendar.


Are these not the cutest owl art you have ever seen. But don't take my word for it. Folks, two words, Owls and FREE. Download it now and enjoy your new year month after month. Why not give them as gifrts? You can print for all your friends.
So have fun, and take advantage of the lovely art that people are willing to share. And spread the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment